Jeanneret Electrical Technologies / Jettech Networks is aware of the importance of your privacy. For the purpose of customer satisfaction and compliance with relevant laws, we have a policy in place to manage your information and protect your privacy. This policy is based on the National Privacy Principles published by the Australian Government.
Jeanneret Electrical Technologies / Jettech Networks (“JETTECH”), located at Level 1 39A Tasma Street North Hobart Tasmania 7000 is hereby referred to as ‘our’, ‘us’ and ‘we’, throughout this document. The customer is referred to as ‘you’, ‘yourself’ and ‘your’.
We will only ask you to provide information which is necessary to provide you with our services. You may be asked to provide this information in hardcopy, electronically, telephone or in person.
Information we collect will always be done lawfully and fairly and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
When you disclose any personal information to us we will make sure:
- You have a copy of our contact details
- You are aware you can gain access to the information
- You know why we collected the information
- If we will pass your information on to any third-parties
- If any of the information about you was required by law
- If there are any consequences for you not providing the information
All attempts will be made to collect your information directly from you. If we collect any information about you from someone other than yourself we will take reasonable steps to ensure you know about our policies regarding that information and your rights, unless it may risk the life or health of any individual.
Use and disclosure
We will only use the information we collect from you to provide you with the services you have asked for, unless:
- The information is needed for additional processes required to provide you with the service you have asked for and you would reasonably expect us to disclose any information in order to provide you with the service you have asked for.
- You have consented to the further use or disclosure.
- The information is not sensitive and is being used for direct marketing, and you have not asked us not to include you in any direct marketing campaigns.
- We believe using or disclosing the information may lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life, health or safety; or a serious threat to public health or public safety.
- We have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being, or may be engaged in. In which case we may use or disclose any information required for investigating the activities and our concerns to the relevant persons or authorities.
- The use or disclosure is required or authorised by law.
- We believe the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for one or more of the following by or on behalf of an enforcement body (in which case we will notify you in writing):
- The prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences, breaches of a law imposing a penalty or sanction or breaches of a prescribed law;
- The enforcement of laws relating to the confiscation of the proceeds of crime;
- The protection of the public revenue;
- The prevention, detection, investigation or remedying of seriously improper conduct or prescribed conduct;
- The preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal.
- We are contacted by an individual responsible for you, such as: a parent, child or sibling aged at least 18 years old, a spouse or de facto, a relative at least 18 years old and a member of your household, a guardian, an individual with power of attorney, or a person nominated by you.
We will take all reasonable steps to make sure the information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Our information systems are only accessible to authorised personnel. Information accessible by authorised personnel is limited to their job function. Information stored and transmitted electronically is encrypted where required.
We will destroy or de-identify any information about you which is no longer required by us.
Any changes to our management polices regarding your personal information and the way we use it will be published in this document, which is available by request or can be viewed on our website.
Access and correction
We will take reasonable steps to correct any information you establish is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date.
We will provide you will access to any personal information we have about you on request, unless:
- Providing you access would pose a serious or imminent threat to the life or health or any individual.
- Your request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
- Your request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and you, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
- Providing access would reveal the intentions of us in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations.
- Providing you access would be unlawful.
- Denying you access is required or authorised by or under law.
- Providing you access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity.
- Providing you access would prejudice:
- the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences, breaches of a law imposing a penalty or sanction or breaches of a prescribed law
- the enforcement of laws relating to the confiscation of the proceeds of crime
- the protection of the public revenue
- the prevention, detection, investigation or remedying of seriously improper conduct or prescribed conduct
- the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of its orders
- An enforcement body performing a lawful security function asks the organisation not to provide access to the information on the basis that providing access would be likely to cause damage to the security of Australia.
- Providing you with access would reveal information generated within Jeanneret Electrical Technologies / Jettech Networks relating with commercially sensitive information.
- We may charge a fee of $27.50 if the request is time intensive. If a fee is to be charged, you will be notified in advance.
If we must deny access to any information we will provide a written statement with the reason.
We will generate an account number to identify you when you apply for a service with us. If you fail to make a payment and an agreement cannot be reached between you and us, your details may be passed to a debt collection agency.
Your details may be passed to our contractors or Third-party Suppliers for the installation or maintenance of your service.
Wherever it is lawful and practicable, you have the option of not identifying yourself when contacting us.
Transborder data flows
We will not transfer any personal information to anyone in a foreign country, unless:
- We reasonably believe the recipient is entitled to the information by law, binding scheme or contract, which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles.
- You consent to the transfer.
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract or implementation of a contract between you and us, regarding a service you would like us to provide.
- The transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a concluded contract in your interest, between us and a third-party.
- The transfer is in your benefit and it in impracticable to obtain your consent and if it were practicable to obtain your consent you would be likely to give it. If your information is transferred, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the information will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient in any way which is inconsistent with the National Privacy Principles.
We will not collect sensitive information about you, unless:
- You have consented.
- The collection is required by law.
- The collection is necessary to precent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual, where the individual whom the information concerns:
- Is physically or legally incapable of giving consent to the collection
- Physically cannot communicate consent to the collection
- The collection of information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding our policies and your privacy please contact us:
Level 1 39A
by phone or fax
Telephone: 1300 601 146
Facsimile: 03 8640 0470